Christmas Drinks How-to – 2014
Christmas is on it’s way so we’ve put together these 2 really simple Christmas drinks coffee ideas for you to try at home.
Gingerbread Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Simply add 1 pump of Routin Gingerbread syrup to your favourite hot chocolate
- Dust with chocolate powder and serve with a festive biscuit like a Lebkuchen
Serve your friends and family a festive non-alcoholic coffee (but feel free to add a dash of whiskey if you like). The key to making a cappuccino at home is getting the milk to foam properly, we’ll tell you how below.
- Make an espresso using you prefered method like an Aeropress or stovetop espresso machine. If you’re using instant coffee, simply dissolve the coffee in 1-2cm of hot water
- Prepare your milk to add to the espresso. The best way is to use a small, 3 cup cafetiere: simply fill it halfway with milk and heat in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes. If you’re using a metal cafetiere you’ll have to heat the milk up first and transfer it into the cafetiere.
- Make rapid up and down movements with the plunger in the cafetiere for about a minute. This will froth the milk up and it should double up in volume.
- Pour the milk into the center of the cup until its half full and give it a stir to combine the milk and coffee
- Add the rest of the milk and sprinkle with chocolate powder or ground cinnamon.