How to Make Use of Your Leftover Coffee
Perhaps you own or work in a café and are sick of seeing so much wastage. Or maybe you’re just looking for ways to make the most of leftover coffee at home. Whatever your situation, if you’re wondering what to do with leftover coffee read these tips. You might just be surprised.
Top 10 Ideas for Leftover Coffee
1) Use old coffee grounds to feed any plants that benefit from more acidic fertilisers, like tomatoes, roses and blueberries. Alternatively, add some to your compost heap. This page contains some useful information on this.
2) Freeze leftover coffee into cubes and pop a couple in your next cup of iced coffee. This will stop it from gradually diluting as you drink. They are also great for cooling and enhancing the flavour of coffee liqueur-based cocktails.
3) Place a handful of coffee grounds anywhere that ants might be entering your home for a cheap, chemical-free pest control solution. They can also be placed around plants to deter slugs and snails.
4) Sprinkle used, ground coffee evenly over a small plate and place in the fridge for 24 hours to absorb odours.
5) Use it to scrub dirt and grease off your dishes. Simply place a few grounds on a thin cleaning rag and get scrubbing. Rinse thoroughly.
6) Mix used coffee grounds with coconut oil and a little brown sugar to make an effective and gorgeous smelling body scrub.
7) Use it to revive dull brown or red hair. Simply soak a handful of used coffee grounds in a bowl of hot water until it reaches a comfortable temperature, shampoo your hair then apply the coffee. Leave for 20 minutes and wash out with warm water.
8) Before cleaning out your fireplace, sprinkle used coffee grounds over the ash. They will weigh it down, making it easier to sweep up and less likely to form cough-inducing dust clouds.
9) Use leftover coffee as a dye for cottons and linens, which will go a fabulous latte-like shade. You can find out how to do this here. You could also use it to dye paper for a faux parchment effect.
I hope this has given you a few ideas as to what to do with leftover coffee. Got any tips of your own? Please feel free to share them here or on Facebook or Twitter – we’re sure others would find them useful, too. Otherwise, if you have now used up the rest of your leftover coffee and need some more head over to CoffeeBuyer.co.uk, where you can find everything from fresh coffee to barista equipment.